After giving this a lot of thought for a while and knowing I wanted to extend this offer…just wasn’t sure of how I wanted to do it. The regulars in Ruya tend to be referred by someone. They ultimately stick around for a long time basically because they have friends or family that are coming to Ruya as well. They are Ruya’s biggest supporters and contribute to the community. These are exactly the types of people we want in here. So, once again, after giving this a lot of thought, I want to reward those Ruya supporters. Moving forward, if a member refers another person, and that person signs up for elements and then their first month of CrossFit, that member will receive 30% off that month of membership at Ruya.
-Unlimited: $52 off
-3x a week: $43 off
-Student: $39 off
Which I think is a nice little kick back to those that contribute the most to the Ruya community. I hope you think so as well. If there are any questions about this, please feel free to ask.
Folks….get signed up for the nutrition challenge. It starts May 3rd. This gives you time to get mentally prepped. As I said, this is run through a third party so prices do go up soon. http://www.whole.lc/wlcsummer14/pt/ruyacrossfit After trying to convince someone yesterday to sign up, I could see the wheels spinning in their head about all the social things they have going on in the next two months. So, maybe you have a wedding one weekend or something…sack up and put your hat in the game!! Either way, you will eat healthier which is the ultimate goal! Fran found a coupon on code on Facebook too!! STRONG15
Clean and Jerk x 3
Focus on your consistency here. All reps should look the same
21 – 15 – 9
Closed Easter Sunday. Please sign up for class on mind body here
Sign up for the Nutrition Challenge on Whole Life Challenge!! https://www.wholelifechallenge.com Seriously, the price goes up if you want too long. So just do it!!
Before you speak…listen. Before you speak…think. Ask yourself….can you be uncommon, positive, committed, excellent, amazing, passionate, excited, driven, energetic, fearless, powerful, confident, and true to yourself? There is always time to change who you are if you aren’t who you want to be.
Squats. 6×4 @ 80%
It’s getting real
20 Sit Ups
10 Jumping Lunges
This is all bodyweight folks with the lung burner being dubs. All bodyweight means Coaches expect you to move fast.
Holy shit there is a lot of tracking information on this thing! Super excited. I hope it keeps you all engaged throughout the process! This post goes over a little bit of the rules and what you will need to do. More can be found at the Whole Life Challenge
. It starts May 3rd. We will hold a Benchmark WOD on that Saturday along with measurements of hips and waist. I encourage you to take a before photo NOW!!! I have some great ideas for prizes but still throwing them around with the coaches!
RULES – You must choose “Advanced” as your rules setting!!! These are the rules for advanced.
|Grains, Starches, Corn & Soy
||YES: Sweet potatoes and yams.NO (lose 1 point for): Any grains or starches, e.g. wheat, barley, rye, starchy potatoes (white, yellow, or purple interior), rice (white or brown), bread, pasta, quinoa, corn or soy (including their oils).
VEGETARIANS: MAY also consume brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, wild rice and fermented soy (tempeh, miso).
||YES: Stevia.NO (lose 1 point for): Any other sugar or sweeteners (organic or not), e.g., honey, agave, coconut sugar or nectar, evaporated cane juice, and any artificial sweetener.
||YES: Butter.NO (lose 1 point for): Any milk, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, kefir or other dairy products.
||YES: Kombucha.NO (lose 1 point for): Any beer, wine, spirits.
|Soda & Juice
||YES: Vegetable juice, fruit puree (blended fruits containing all the pulp).NO (lose 1 point for): Any soda, or fruit juice.
||YES: None.NO (lose 1 point for): Any artificial ingredient.
- Players start each day with 5 nutrition points
- When a player breaks a nutrition rule, they lose a point
- A loss of all 5 points, results in a 0 for the day
- When entering the nutrition score, enter the number or points KEPT out of 5
- Players start each day with 0 exercise points.
- Earn two (2) points for exercising (working out) for at least 10 minutes
- Criteria for determining “what counts as exercise”:
- This is NOT a game of doing a crazy exercise routine every day, scorekeeping, or judging.
- Here it is, plain and simple:
Did you intentionally spend 10 minutes doing something that YOU would consider exercise?
- If the answer to that question is yes, then score yourself a “YES” for that day.
- How does the Whole Life Challenge define “exercise?” Something that elevates your heart rate, helps build any of the 10 general physical skills (strength, endurance, stamina, flexibility, speed, power, balance, coordination, agility, accuracy), or gives you a chance to actively recover.
- Active recovery must be of a duration of AT LEAST 10 minutes.
- This means that some days players will do a regular workout – go to the gym or put on running shoes – and some days they will just move – take a light jog, do yoga, ride their bike, skate at the beach, play frisbee or soccer, go surfing, or even walk to work rather than drive.
- It is up to each individual to determine if they exercised or not.
1 rep max Jerk from the Rack
If you see a large discrepancy between this weight and your clean weight, you will know what you need to work on. Once you get to the heavy weights, I advise dropping the bar to the ground instead of bringing back to your shoulder rack. Be mindful of your hips being directly underneath your shoulders in any position. Make your dip directly straight up and down!